Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Touched by a New Brunswicker



Thank you to my pal Mark Watton at nottawa for directing to me about this story on that lovely lady Elsie Wayne.

Ms. Wayne is a well-known individual in Canada, she's known by many people outside of her own province, mostly the reason she's known is because she's unfortunately part of the biggest dubious distinction, which was the fact she was one of the two Tories elected (the other of course is Current Quebec Premier Jean Charest) under the Progressive Conservative Party meltdown in 1993.

Elsie was also unargueably one of the most right-wing MP's in the otherwise moderate Progressive Conservative Caucus throughout 1993 until 2004 when she retired.

Ms. Wayne today, appeared on CTV's Mike Duffy Live preaching against same-sex marriage and how this decision will be reversed now that the polls are showing what unfrotunately looks like a Conservative government. However what happened is that Ms. Wayne went a step further and declared "You do not take the word of God, that is in the bible, and change it."

Ms. Wayne is dead wrong, I challenge anyone to show me a bible verse that says Marriage is between a man and a woman, don't give me the Leviticus, man that lies with woman verse. I want to see a verse that says this ceremony is between a man and a woman.

I'd like to share Ms. Wayne's other enlightenments about same-sex marriage which in my opinion is what she probably based her entire political career on.

First she most famously is quoted saying that

"When it comes to people who wish to live together, whether they are women or men, why do they have to be out here in the public always debating that they want to call it marriage? If they are going to live together, they can go live together and shut up about it."


She also chided the fact that Ralph Klein had the courage to drop his constitutional challenge to Same-Sex Marriage.

"They probably should have used the notwithstanding clause as Ralph Klein has said he will do, but they're not doing that at this time and definitely we had hoped, the majority of the people had hoped, that they would appeal the decision on Ontario, but they haven't done that either."


I would like to state I am not anti-christian, sometimes it may seem that way, but this is the main reason why I will not vote for the Conservative Party. I am strongly supportive of Homosexual rights and I cannot and will not vote for a party that seems to want to take away that right.

Let me also say that there are other issues I care about such as Education and Health Care, but I'd like to say that in regards about how I feel about those issues, in terms of my current status, I believe that Our family is doing very good since the party is in power. We pay our fair share of tax, granted we want some our money back, but I am not paying tax, I have my education being payed by my parents. I will admit that I am well off. I see no reason to change parties in my opinion, I also believe that the corruption is a big issue, but, I will say that the reason I mostly support the Liberals is because I read everything that Mr. Harper has said and when I hear what he says I get physically frightened from what I read.

I think that I vote based on the way I was brought up, I was told to respect other people regardless of their sex or gender, I admit I've said some not so nice things about other parties and I regret doing that, I admit that it's been a difficult race, I'm not worried. I believe that my party has a vision where they want to take this country.

I'd also like to say that people who have a negative perception of the Liberals, should do some research about the claims that the New Democrats and Conservatives are throwing out there. I admit that there have been broken promises by the Liberals, but you honestly cannot believe every promise that comes out of a politician's mouth, and I admit that. But, I am voting Liberal because of Social Issues, I ask that you respect my decision for the reasons I have given you.

I'd like to explain why sometimes I seem overtly negative about the Tories, I have autism, ADHD and Asperger's syndrome. I'm extremely over-anxious and sometimes I admit I say things I don't like to say and it comes out wrong. I admit I feel a little desperate and sad right now that my party is behind but I will not give up, I am going to be canvassing tomorrow for my candidate and I look forward to meeting people.

Just to prove all Liberals aren't bad, I want you to know I returned a girls purse today to her and did the right thing. Not once, did I think about taking money from that purse, I made sure she got her purse back. For, that I feel I have done my good deed for the day.

No comments: