Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Jack Layton, Canada's Original Primadonna



I was watching Jack Layton today talking about how he is offended that Paul Martin says Canadians have a choice between the Liberals and the Conservatives. I'll give him that point, I do believe Mr. Layton does have a good party, it's heart is in the right place. But, I admit I would consider voting for them.

The problem is Jack Layton operates like a slick used car salesman, Jack Layton is right about the Conservatives being out of touch with Canadians, which they are, I figure if you look at the polls all most 70% of Canadians do not support right-wing conservatism.

When I meant Jack Layton looks like a slick used car salesman, I need to be a little more specific examples. Let me give you this example by Jumpin Jack Flash.



Who can forget this infamous sales pitch that Salesman Jack put up for Canadians? Where he said in Canada, you should be able to get your health care based on whether you have a health card and not a credit card. Of course I agree that a Private System would be wrong for all Canadians, my idea is to follow the Swedish Model of Public Health Care (Correct me, if I am wrong but I do believe that the Swedish Health Care Model is the best in the world). Still, I will say that it's better to have Health Care in Canada rather then have it in the United States. I will say though that Health Care must stay publicly funded.

But, the point I'm trying to make is that Jack Layton sounds like a walking TV Commerical, if you need any more proof look at the last leaders' debate where he continuously threw in that pitch of "electing more New Democrat MPs."

It's quite funny when you have Judy Wasylycia-Leis, your finance critic whining about how the NDP didn't get a mention in Paul Martin's speech. I find it hilarious actually, that this woman actually complained about not getting bashed by the Prime Minister. A funny picture comes into my head of this woman just begging to be personally attacked by the Prime Minister of Canada.


And I guess that picture was just reproduced by yours truly. You'll be hearing from me later tonight when we get a poll and we see what else is new.

1 comment:

Red Tory said...

Great pic!

Thanks for reminding me of Judy's whining about not being attacked. I saw that on CBC this afternoon and could hardly believe it. What a cow.