Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Don't believe the Ekos Poll

Remember my first post ever at this blog way back in April when Ekos released a poll that had the tories up?

You might not have but I'm going to link to it to refresh your memory. I do agree that this poll does show the Tories ahead as I expect, but the only polling companies I trust are SES Research, Ipsos-Reid and the Strategic Counsel. All Three of those polls say the Liberals and Tories are statistically tied.

However, I think it is by far the worst thing when the conservatives lead in the polls and I say this for a reason. It hurts the tories when they physically lead in the polls because it starts setting in a psychological message to people in Canada. Like I said, remember the Decima Poll that says the Dippers will flock to the Liberals if only a tory victory seems imminent, and it appears that is exactly what is going on. However, I am endorsing the following NDP Candidates in the following ridings because I believe it is better to have them then have a conservative.

Please if you live in these ridings vote for the NDP, I may not like them as much as the Liberals but I honestly don't want to take the chance and elect a tory.

*British Columbia Southern Interior-Alex Atamanenko
*Edmonton Strathcona-Linda Duncan
*Nanaimo Alberni-Manjeet Uppal
*New Westminster Coquitlam-Dawn Black
*Oshawa-Sid Ryan
*Palliser-Jo-Anne Dusel
*Regina Qu'Appelle-Lorne Nystrom
*Selkirk Interlake-Ed Schreyer
*Vancouver Island North-Catherine Bell

Vote Liberal in these ridings to prevent a tory from being elected

*Chatham Kent Essex-James Comiskey
*Edmonton Centre-Anne McClellan
*Glengarry Prescott Russell-Rene Berthiaume
*Halton-Gary Carr (I know Gary voted against Same-Sex Marriage, but he did it because he had a lot of people personally against it, I honestly don't believe Gary Carr is a gay-hater though)
*Lambton-Kent-Middlesex-Jeff Wesley
*Oakville-Bonnie Brown

As for the Following Make up your own mind

Beaches-East York
Burnaby-Douglas
Burnaby-New Westminster
Churchill
Hamilton East-Stoney Creek
Hamilton Mountain
London-Fanshawe
Newton-North Delta
Trinity-Spadina
Vancouver Centre
Vancouver Kingsway
Victoria

These are just a small sample of what I believe, I know many New Democrats won't do this but I ask you in some areas there are progressive liberals, we are not are neo-con right-wingers that sometimes you accuse us of being. I believe the NDP has a large role to play in a minority parliament. So I ask you do you want a Tory Government that won't even bother listening to your concerns. Let's be serious you need a Liberal Government with More NDP MP's in their to support good Government. Jack Layton obviously got your results. I admit sometimes the Liberals do forget their promises and Layton thankfully held them to it. So I ask you help us form a strong minority government.

No comments: