Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Take a Chill Pill, For the Love of God!

Alright, I know It shouldn't have to come to this but I am asking everyone in my party to please for the love of all that is holy, to take a chill pill and stop over-reacting.

I urge people to send letters to the national executive stating how we want a late date sometime in early 2007 so that we can set up some policy.

First off I want to dissect why the liberals lost this campaign.

1) The truth hurts, but we came off as arrogant, we cannot just expect Canadians to give us their votes, they need to be persuaded with policy and we just didn't have it.

2) Bad campaign management: I never want to see any of these people who ran this campaign back in the war room during the next election, they have shown that they just can't be trusted. I ask my fellow party members to consider why we would want to vote in Frank McKenna when he's going to bring back the old martin squad that blundered this election, I urge everyone to vote against McKenna we don't need the same failed leadership that occured under Martin.

3) Not enough over-sight: there is no reason why we should have somebody insulting parents by talking about beer and popcorn. I also want to ask in regards to that advertisement about the military, is who were the ad wizards that let that one get even on the website.

So I am asking that you give the Liberal Party all the time it needs to rebuild, we should not feel rushed by Stephen Harper and his agenda, we have to take our time, or it might mean we'll be sitting on the opposition benches for a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with your arguments, but I do agree with your conclusion, and as a voting member of the national executive I will take your advice quite seriously. Let's all take a breath and rebuild.

Jeff said...

I aggree that spring 07 is the right time for the leadership convention. Anything sooner favours the entrenched frontrunner/s, and another coronation is not what the party needs right now. We need to do some soulsearchcing, reflection, and have a real debate about where we want to go from here.

Anonymous said...

To suggest th there are only 2 reasons for the Liberal loss would not be fair. There are dozens of reasons that www.nextface.blogspot.com merely touches on in their post : 'Maybe'.

Also, Next Face is looking into the McKenna issue. No need to tar and feather him just yet. Has the story of his connection to the Martin people been spun? Or is it based in truth? Next Face is looking into that as well and may have the inside line on it shortly.