Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Tories put the Con in Conspiracy Theories

You know, the one thing that really bugs me about the Tories is how they like to play the detective and think they have everything figured out before the facts are presented. They are like the people who say Hang them, before considering the facts, anybody who does not take into account the facts can be foolish. So in some ways the Tories are like Inspector Clouseau, they don't know what the hell is going on.

I mean lets be serious here, it is absolutely indisputable that Paul Martin was not involved in this scandal, the tories may claim otherwise that he had to have known where the finances went, well in my opinion simply he assumed the finances were to be used for a sponsorship event. He would never have signed off on funds to go directly to the Liberal Party Coffers, it just wouldn't happen, not even I could do something that dispicable. I am fairly certain that these partisans who were given the money lied about what they were using it for and martin did not do a thorough background check on where the money went. I do believe however Martin was kind of like Clouseau in the fact he was sort of an idiot during this situation, but I think that it's because of relentless negativity by the Tories that people get the wrong impression. I mean I already know that the Tory Hatchetmen will be on this board as soon as I finish writing this post because they love to slander anyone who dares to question their rediculous vision for this country. They will find ways to remove SSM even if you don't believe it. SSM is not safe in the hands of Stephen Harper. When they let the Same-Sex Marriage issue finally be put to bed only then will I consider supporting them.

I know there are many tories who are going to come on here and bitch that I'm misrepresenting his position. I know his position! He said emphatically he wants to get rid of Same-sex marriage, he wants a motion before the house, if that passes he will put possibly the most deplorable piece of legislation ever moved by a party on the floor of the house of commons.

It's a shame I have to do this, but the reason I'm voting Liberal is because of this issue specifically, I WILL NOT HAVE HIM DESTROY LOVE BETWEEN PEOPLE BASED ON WHO IS IN THE RELATIONSHIP! I will say I am passionate on this issue. Marriage is not about procreation, Religion has been used in the wrong way on these issues. God may mention homosexuality might be a sin, but I do not believe it is a sin that condemns a person to hell. Religion has been perverted by right-wing fundamentalist zealots who believe the bible is the divine word of God, but notice how these evangelicals refuse to even mention that Jesus went out and helped the poor.

Christianity should not be about banning abortion and gay marriage, it's about living a good life and so far I'd say that if two people love each other and they want to commit to each other, they should be allowed to do it.

1 comment:

Technical Bard said...

Paul Martin may have been exonerated by Judge Gomery with regard to the Sponsorship Scandal activities, but it is interesting to note that he did not give Gomery permission to investigate all of the suspicious "money-laundering" identified by Sheila Fraser in her audits. In particular, the untendered use of Earnscliffe by the Finance Department and the excessive monies given to that firm for essentially no work was NEVER investigated beyond Mrs. Fraser's identification of the problem? I wonder why PM didn't want that investigated too?