Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Senate Appointments and Some Boasting

It's been very slow in the Canadian News World but I am quite happy to hear about the new Senate appointments Mr. Martin has made. I still think Mr. Martin shows why he's better then the past PM's. He is completely Non-Partisan when it comes to Senate Appointments. Hugh Segal was a terrific choice for the Senate and so was Andree Champagnee. I am also thrilled with the choice of Larry Campbell as a Senator he contributed alot to Vancouver and having a former Mayor like him there is going to help. However, I am quite certain Martin might have made a fatal error by appointing Segal and getting him closer to the ear of Stephen Harper. I am a little jittery and worried that he might give Harper really good advice but I am hoping that Harper will just fail like he always does. Honestly, I am more then happy to be a Liberal these days. I will defend my party at all costs, We are finally getting rid of the Sponsorship Scandal Monkey. The Conservatives in the next few months will try to prove to Canadians why they are better. But let us hold our ground, we represent Canada, they do not! They represent everything that we have fought against and come the next Election, we are going to send them into another dimension. They will not know what hit them when we win a majority government. Today, I reinvent myself. I'm tired of trying to play nice with the Tories, it seems they just will not get it and I will do everything in my power the next election to quash them like bugs. I may be a liberal but I abhor the Conservative Party and everything they stand for. I'm glad the NDP has their heads screwed on straight, I respect them more then the tories. The NDP has one problem and that is their tax and spend economics, but I will give them a pass here. I like Jack Layton and I can respect him. Don't get me wrong there are tories I like, but there are very few of them sitting in Caucus right now.

1 comment:

eastern capitalist said...

you express what is wrong with politics in this country eith your beleif that the party repersents the state.

Nothing could be further from the truth.