Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2005

RIP: Peter Jennings, 1938-2005

I am going to dedicate my post today to one of the greatest canadians ever to live. This is my second post regarding a death. When I first heard the news that Peter Jennings died my heart sank, I was in complete shock though I knew that he had Lung Cancer. I had always known Peter Jennings to be a leading news anchor and I am was shocked to see he had died. I believe Mr. Jennings to be one of the best newscasters ever to live and he did many great things for society. Today, I remember a man who stood for Journalistic Ethics of the highest degree and a man who wanted to dig deeper to find the truth. It is fitting that Peter Jennings has been named to the Order of Canada, even if it posthumously. Because, I believe Peter has done a great service to the world. He will be missed. Peter I will miss you.

No comments: