Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Two Cents on Michaelle Jean

Alright before I begin my post for today, I'm a little upset about a comment posted on my blog claiming that my previous posts prove I am everything wrong with politics. I am going to say that I apologize for the mudslinging, I got a little irritated that day in question and it is mostly because I had gotten sick of the ignorance of the Conservatives, I have given them chance after chance and they continue to do nothing but smack me around. So, I have to ask you. Am I just going to sit back and let them tell falsehoods. I am a liberal supporter but I am not I repeat I am not a blind follower of the liberal party and I believe sometimes they can be wrong and sometimes the tories are right. But, in this case I really would like to see negative politics just completely die out. If you must go negative make criticisms but not the over-the-top apolocalyptic rhetoric we hear all the time.

Now, I want to get to my opinion on Michaelle Jean, I again apologize that I don't write daily but unfortunately I have a life, just like everyone else. Michaelle Jean was the best possible pick for the Governor General, when the name was announced I responded to this name with one word "Who?" a little research and I started to come to like her. Ms. Jean will be a great governor general. I will admit that Paul Martin made a really good pick politically. All the parties like her, the Quebecers like her and pretty much the whole country likes her. Still I am proud that Ms. Jean is the first African-American Governor General, it really shows the cultural diversity of this country.

1 comment:

WE Speak said...

"The Conservatives in the next few months will try to prove to Canadians why they are better. But let us hold our ground, we represent Canada, they do not! They represent everything that we have fought against and come the next Election, we are going to send them into another dimension. They will not know what hit them when we win a majority government. Today, I reinvent myself. I'm tired of trying to play nice with the Tories, it seems they just will not get it and I will do everything in my power the next election to quash them like bugs"

You're absolutely right. Negative needs to go.