Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 22, 2005

There's Something About Roberts

Today I'm going to shift to American Politics, because let's be honest there is more interesting things going on there right now. As many of you know, George W. Bush has nominated D.C. Court of Appeals Judge John Roberts as the man to replace Sandra Day O'Connor. I reacted to this choice shockingly. I was hoping Ms. Edith Clement of Louisiana would get the nod, but unfortunately I am dissappointed that Mr. Roberts was picked instead of a woman. Sandra Day O'Connor was the best judge on that court and she should have been the next Chief Justice which would have been really wonderful. John Roberts is no Sandra Day O'Connor though. But, I am willing to listen and not prejudge anything against him. I believe Mr. Roberts could be one of two things. He might be another David Souter or he might be another Rehnquist or Scalia. I say this because it's quite possible Bush might have messed this up if Roberts commits to keeping Roe V Wade Alive. This would severely hinder Bush. If this happens people like me will cheer. Do not listen to the media regarding the crap about Roe V Wade. It would likely go 5-4 or 6-3 when Roberts takes his seat. Anthony Kennedy will always vote to uphold abortion rights despite the fact he's said that he's morally against it and that happens to be the position I take. I look forward to learning what Mr. Roberts has to offer and only then will I make up my mind. I will be fair to him.

No comments: