Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Santorum On The Daily Show

I was waiting over the weekend for monday, desperately wanting to see Jon Stewart and my most-hated arch-conservative Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum debate each other. I could not believe what I was watching. Rick Santorum looked completely cuddly and warm, however I didn't buy his shenanigans. But, quickly into the interview Santorum proved why he's America's biggest idiot. Stewart hilariously started the interview off with a shot at the fact he and Santorum probably disagree on everything so he started off with something they could both agree on "I believe Ice Cream is a delicious treat, but however too much of it is a bad thing." Santorum laughed it off and said he agreed. Then the war began. Santorum talked about how he believes Government should tell Parents to stay together, AND THIS IS COMING FROM AN ARCH CONSERVATIVE FOR GOD SAKES! He once again reafirmed his committment to Heterosexual Marriage, saying that it is the foundation for families and that it creates children for future generations. But the point of Marriage is what Mr. Santorum seems to be missing and that is Marriage is about Love, not creating babies. Even when Stewart challenged Santorum to choose between a virtuous gay couple or an adulterous alcholic heterosexual couple. Santorum said quite possibly one of the most insane things I have ever heard: He believes that in all cases, that it should always be a straight couple raising a child. My jaw fell open at that remark, but what I was most dissapointed about with this interview was Stewart throwing soft-ball questions to Santorum. I mean for the love of God, Jon never went after his controversial remarks, he was obviously intimidated by this man and never did anything to ratify the situation. Jon I'm really disappointed.

No comments: