Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In Defense of Belinda Stronach

I was upset with the news that Belinda Stronach is leaving politics today, she was a very interesting woman and I was glad to see someone with her magnitude (no pun intended) in the house of commons. However, Magna has just purchased Chrysler and she feels her skills could be better used in the business world. First of all, there is one thing I think of when describing Belinda Stronach. Courageous and above all she had balls (in the courageous sense I mean). When she crossed over to the Liberal Party she took many knocks and even after that period of discontent people bashed her with sexist comments and you know what, she could have cried, she could have ran off into a corner. But she didn't, she stood there and she took everything that people said about her and didn't pay attention to it. To me she is courageous for taking the stands she did and being true to herself. I know she's a controversial figure, but anybody who can still stand on their two feet and ignore those kinds of hateful comments is a great person in my book.

No comments: