Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Harper's Robotic Throne Speech

I must say I was not impressed by the entire throne speech by the Conservative Government. The throne speech is complete pandering to the provinces. Mr. Harper has proven himself to be "nothing more then a headwaiter to the provinces." I am a hardline federalist, I believe that Quebec is no different from any other province, granted I will admit that Quebec does have it's cultural differences but is again just another promise. The Conservative Party has proven it really has no plan except to spew the same five old lines again and again. There is in my opinion, even less accountability from this government then from the Liberals. They are completely paranoid when it comes to the media claiming that it is run by a bunch of liberals, which is total horse shit in my own opinion. I could go on and on about how much I hated this speech but i don't have the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Tis a throne speech Brian Mulroney would be proud of ....

Wait a bit, isn't he a key advisor to Harper?

And didn't he just about break up the country over his skewed deals with the provinces, trying to reduce the federal power in Canada?

Yup – Bustup Brian rides again.

All those who believe in a strong federal government will now face a fight with Harper trying in surreptitious ways to introduce his stealth agenda of a massive shift of financial and other powers from Canada to the provincial premiers.

This fight is going to be intense. Let's hope there are leaders in Quebec, the NDP and LPC who will stand up for Canada.