Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Garth Turner, Rodney MacDonald and Torino

As you may realize I am right near Garth Turner's riding of Halton. I live in Oakville, Ontario, my MP is Bonnie Brown.

Granted I was originally upset that a good man like Gary Carr lost to Garth Turner but still I am glad to see him sticking his neck out for the people of Halton. It's a great thing to see and I admire him for that courage, now I'm hoping he'd sit as an independent.

But, I want to touch on Premier Rodney MacDonald of Nova Scotia, he has just won the leadership race to replace John Hamm as the Premier of the Province of Nova Scotia.

I wish him luck, he seems like a good man. But, I will say who loved that Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, yesterday?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I have signed the two on-line petitions that are up and running, I fear that there will be little effect. A more effective approach is to write directly to Minister Emerson at Emerson.D@parl.gc.ca and Prime Minister Harper at pm@pm.gc.ca.

I encourage all Canadians to make your views known on this matter. Political figures know and understand that for every one person who writes a letter of complaint there are hundreds who share the same sentiments.

I think we have to continue to push on this issue as it is such a shocking subversion of democratic principles.

Greeycroft said...

Just a 'Hello' from another oakville rez.