Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cheney did not have a Hunting License

As many of you all know, you have no doubt heard about the crazy antics of United States Vice President Dick Cheney getting trigger happy on his lawyer friend Harry Whittington.

Well it now turns out that the veep did not have a hunting license (to hunt quail). I must now wonder if in the United States Republican Party believes the rule of law no longer applies to them, lets just recap everything that has gone on.

First there was the Jack Abramoff influence-peddling scandal, then there was the Iraq War and them telling the United Nations to take a hike, then there was the Domestic Wiretap Scandal which made them think they are above the law to spy on people, and now we come to Dick Cheney who now believes he is once again above the law.

You know it's funny, I kept hearing during the election how corrupt the Liberal Party was up here, Imagine my surprise when I look across the border and see the kind of shit coming out of the United States, if there was ever an argument for a criminal organization, it is the Republican Party. If people would realize that the GOP fear tactics regarding how unsafe the people are is actually false we would not have them in office.

Remember in November, the Republicans are going to use this election to scare you about rediculous hogswallop like how there is a possibility of another terrorist attack on the United States. But what they will not tell you is the reason there is, is because they have aggravated tensions by deciding to start an illegal war in Iraq. I agree that Saddam Hussein was a tyrant and what not, but the truth is he lied about why they went to Iraq and still I'm perplexed that there are people who actually believe Bush has done something good. I admit that I do believe Iraq hasn't gone great and I think his handling of the war has been horrendous.

But if the Republicans are so bad, why is it that the Democrats have been unable to capitalize? I think it is because they need to get their act together and start hammering an agenda home to the american people. They need to respond to the Republican Party slur attacks with their own when they fight back. I admit that the party does have the organization, Much as I think Howard Dean needs to have a stapler on his mouth, I will give him credit he has introduced ideas on how to fundraise and how to keep the Democrats debt-free. The Structural Organization of the Party is strong it is the message that is incoherent.

I'm not expecting the Dems to sling mud, but when the Republicans come after them with low ball mudslinging tactics they shouldn't hesitate to fight back.

No comments: